How KipTraq Gets Used
With a tool as flexible and powerful as KipTraq, it can sometimes be hard to know where to get started. We understand. So below are 33 (and counting!) ways that customers are already using KipTraq. We hope it sparks your creativity on how KipTraq can automate your existing processes. And if you see something where the process would be applicable but the application is different, be sure to contact us to see how we can customize KipTraq for you.
How customers are already using KipTraq:
- Log temperature/pH/Cl/brix/etc.: log by hand or push data from existing PLCs. Send emails automatically if out of specification. See real-time trends on a web-based dashboard.
- Holds: manage holds in a variety of ways, depending on your requirements. Include pictures, supervisor logging of final disposition, admin electronic authorization, and more.
- CCPs: many of our customers perform all of their CCP inspections with KipTraq. Fully customizable to meet your business requirements.
- Pre-op inspections: create multi point inspections. Take pictures and log corrective actions for any failures. Report on exception details and short/long term trends.
- Sampling (quality/pathogen/etc.): take samples in a barcoded bag. Get results straight from your laboratory into KipTraq reports, complete with PDF COAs.
- Raw product receiving inspection: customize the questions your users see by commodity or any other metric. Quantify defects, complete with pictures, to prove to your suppliers why you rejected their shipment.
- Field/orchard/vineyard/ranch inspections: log whatever quality metrics you use. Include pictures and GPS information. Give your admin team access to real-time information they can use to make decisions.
- Yield forecast: Let farmers and product managers log their latest forecast with each inspection. Report on how that affects overall harvest schedule. Give them feedback to help them make better forecasts in the future.
- Sanitation: manage processes, chemical inventory, pre-op checklists, etc.
- Work orders: Log issues on the floor and it automatically emails responsible parties. They can then review list of outstanding issues and log details of the fix.
- Inventory management: custodial, chemicals, medical, parts, and anything else you can count
- Generate Certificates of Analysis: Log results (or get them electronically from a lab), sign your tablet, and we’ll generate a COA to your exacting specifications, ready to print or email.
- SPC (Statistical process control):Log every step in your process electronically. Generate exception reports and have them sent to you automatically.
- FSMA/HACCP/USDA/FDA compliance and reporting: Log all inspections. Have supervisors and admins sign off en-masse via electronic signature. Optionally give auditors direct access to just the records they need (no more requests to find a certain page in the file cabinet)
- Truck staging: scan barcode to log arrival, processing, departure. Real time dashboards tell you who is waiting, who is processing, total time on site, etc.
- Equipment preventative maintenance: create scheduled tasks, from daily to yearly. Use your own checklists. See at a glance any equipment that is overdue. View manuals or parts diagrams on device, even if offline.
- Supervisor direct observations: tie supervisor logged observation with the actual transaction being logged. Reports show if all employees are being observed within specified schedule.
- Municipal water/sewer maintenance: use the device to navigate to hard-to-find assets. Store gate codes and contact info on device. Capture information quickly and report on it from the office.
- Fleet management: track trucks doing deliveries or other tasks. Lo-jack them and view current location online. Ensure preventative maintenance is being done on schedule.
- Night security guard check-in system: easy to use time-stamped check-in at specific locations with barcode, RFID, or GPS.
- Contractor / visitor validation system: store verified visitors (complete with picture) for future visits. Have them read and sign paperwork electronically from the gate or front desk.
- HR / Employee Training: report on which employees attended and are due for which trainings
- Rodent/pest trap inspection: prove the traps were visited. Log any finds and graph them over time.
- Traceability log: capture data from raw product to finished good to customer, no matter how complex your workflow is. Include work-in-progress (WIP) subassemblies and other difficult elements.
- Change over verification: ensure proper processes are performed between shifts or between product runs.
- Label/packaging inspection: verify allergens, ingredients, sub-assemblies, films, and any other data point critical to your success. Compare against stored pictures of what it should be.
- Labor study: log employee presence for different tasks. See what your labor costs really are and identify areas to improve efficiencies.
- “Gold Standard” verification: automatically see pictures on device of what the product should look like. Collect pictures of current run for validation.
- Thermometer/sensor/scale calibration: ensure calibration is done on schedule and prevent costly errors.
- ATP Swabbing: schedule your swabs, and log information into KipTraq. Run long term trend reports to identify trouble spots
- Incident report: enable any user with a phone or tablet to take a picture and log an issue. Automatically send emails to appropriate employees for follow-up.
- Truck inspection: inspect owned or 3rdparty vehicles for any issues prior to shipping or receiving.
- Fruit rating: log quality, size, defects, and anything else on a tablet. Let the tablet enforce your min/max/percentage requirements in real-time.
Fill out the form to set up a personalized demonstration for your organization.